Billing and Insurance
At Shea PT, we’ve made billing simple for you.
The road to recovery can be frustrating enough without having to jump through hoops to figure out your billing. That’s why we’ve made billing simple.
Here’s how it works:
- We verify your benefits so that we know how much your copay for physical therapy will be.
- When you visit, we collect the copay and apply it to your account with us.
- We take care of submitting a claim to your insurance company so they are aware of your appointment. It can take the insurance company up to 45 days to process a claim.
- Once it has been processed, we review the claim and let you know if you have a balance or a refund coming your way.
Billing & insurance
Shea PT works with the majority of insurance carriers, as well as out-of-pocket- benefits for most plans, including:
- Aetna (Life, PPO, Managed Choice)
- Affordable/Health Care Compare/First Health
- Ambetter of NC
- BCBS of NC (Blue Options, State,Blue Care, Blue Choice HMO, Blue Advantage, Blue Card)
- Beach Street/CAPP Care
- Blue Value
- Choice Care/Humana, Inc.
- Cigna/Rehab Provider Network (RPN)
- CAN Health Partners – formerly Coresource
- Coventry (Not credentialed with Coventry of the Carolinas)
- Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Health Care Savings
- Humana (Not in network with the Humana Gold plan)
- Integrated Health Plans, Inc.
- Medicare Assignment
- One Health Plan of NC
- Optum Health
- Partners Medicare Choice
- Premier Health Systems
- Prudential Healthcare
- Secure Horizons
- TriCare (Standard & Prime)
- TriCare for Life
- United Healthcare (Not credentialed with Empire)
- One Call
- Liberty Mutual
- U.S. Department of Labor
If you have any questions about your insurance or about how billing works, we encourage you to contact our helpful billing department at any time by calling (866) 221-1870.
Don’t let the headaches associated with billing and insurance stand in the way of getting the pain relief that you deserve.
Do you have a High Deductible Health Plan?
If you’re wanting to seek care but you’re worried about the cost and not sure how your health plan works, you’re not alone.
Navigating the healthcare system can be stressful – financially, emotionally, and physically. But as we know, putting off care now leads to needing more care later… and spending more later, as well. This is especially true of musculoskeletal injuries and conditions. It’s a fact that getting the right PT early results in less imaging, opioid medication, injections, and surgery.
Let us help you get the care you need – without breaking the bank. We’re well versed in High Deductible Health Plans and have a variety of options at our disposal to ensure that you’re not putting off feeling better due to cost concerns.
Here’s what you need to know:
What is a High Deductible Health Plan?
A High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) is an insurance plan that requires patients to pay a large amount of their healthcare costs out of pocket before their insurance kicks in to help lighten the load. According to the IRS, in 2019, a health plan is considered an HDHP if….
- The deductible is $1350 or more, for individuals
- The deductible is $2700 or more, for families
Additionally, more than 90% of persons enrolled in an Exchange Plan are in High Deductible Health Plans, in which the average deductibles are even higher: $3572 for an individual and $7474 for a family.
So, how can Shea PT help me?
At Shea PT, we’re committed to providing our patients with the highest quality care, and that doesn’t just mean on the treatment table. We’re always searching for options to make physical therapy a reality for every one of our patients, regardless of their financial situation. Thus, we offer a variety of affordable payment and financing options, including:
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS & HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNTS
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA) are a great option for those looking to use pre-tax dollars to pay for physical therapy.
Flexible Spending Accounts are set up through your employer and must be used by the end of each enrollment year. Health Savings Accounts allow you to spend money on qualified health expenses or medical costs not covered by your insurance. There is no deadline for withdrawing funds from an HSA, and unlike FSAs, anyone can set one up. All plans are different – it’s best to contact your insurance provider for details on eligibility and benefits.
ACCEPTED INSURANCE PLANS
We accept a variety of health insurance plans for patients needing musculoskeletal care. We’ll work with you and your health plan to make the payment process as easy and hassle-free as possible. For more information or questions on coverage, please contact your insurance agent or give your local clinic a call.
The physical therapists at Shea PT are specialists, not generalists, which means you get results in fewer visits, saving you time and money.
The Bottom Line:
Don’t delay or avoid physical therapy due to your high deductible plan. If you have questions about your specific plan or payment options, let's discuss it! Our expert billing team is here to help. Please contact our billing department by calling (866) 221-1870.